Singapore Eats

[Eat][bleft]

Travel Highlights

[Travel][bsummary]

Delicious Recipes

[Home-cooked][twocolumns]

Guides

[Guides][bleft]

PasarBella at Suntec - Seafood buckets, Truffle Beef, Korean Fried Chicken Wings...

We needed a place for meals and we happily tasked our male colleague to choose a place. Pasarbella was the answer and we happily gave him a thumbs up! The place turned out to be great. We went there for lunch and again returned for dinner.

Pasarbella at Suntec City, offers a variety of cuisines from different stalls. The concept is like another high end food court. But this outlet at Suntec stands out from the rest because I was so surprised to find seafood on the table - think Dancing Crab, think Crab in the bag.

Cajun on Wheels  (Halal)

Poseidon Bucket S$108

Delicious seafood in Cajun Cheese sauce
Cajun on Wheels stall looks so adorable that you will not be able to miss it. The stall is literally on wheels! There is something exciting about pouring hot steaming seafood from a bucket onto the table. It was fun!

The concept of the stall resembles a food truck that I have seen on TV.  Miss C was nudging me and saying why the signboard had to be slanted, making us crane our necks.

For the seafood bucket, it was cooked in Cajun Cheese. The sauce was so good that we wished there was more of it. I was a tad disappointed that the bucket only had one 600g crab. For 100 bucks, I was hoping for a larger crab with big claws or two small crabs? There was a generous serving of prawns, mussels and clams. What was interesting was the chicken spam fries soaked in the cheesy sauce. There were also sweet corns and mini potatoes. The seafood was fresh. The prawns were sweet. Overall, we enjoyed ourselves licking our fingers and eating the food literally on the table.

From Cajun on Wheels, we also tried ...

Seafood Platter S$28

Torpedo Prawns, Sutchi Fillet, Squids, Chicken Spam Fries, Fries


The seafood platter was an indulgence of deep fried seafood with their dips. We ordered the extra Salted Egg Yolk sauce for 3 bucks. It was slightly on the sweet side but the fragrance of the salted egg yolk was still distinctive so I would definitely order this sauce again. The Chicken Spam fries were sinfully yummy!

Grillo 

Truffle  Short Rib (Beef) Bowl S$14.90


The Truffle Short Rib Bowl is Grillo's signature dish and it is a Must Try. The dish, with runny egg, truffle fragrance, tender beef and most surprisingly, the crispy shallots, was a success. The mushrooms side was a dark horse as they were beautifully charred and I could taste the wonderfully charred yet not bitter taste in the mushrooms. Yums!


Choo Choo Chicken 

Crispy Chicken S$18 (8 pieces)

Tender Chicken Honey Soy S$14


I am a fan of Korean Fried Chicken and Choo Choo Chicken delivered them just the way I like it - extremely crispy on the outside and still juicy on the inside. The honey soy chicken tenders were also fingers linking good with the sweet soy and crispy skin. Thinking about it makes my mouth water.


Pita & Olives (Halal)

Hummus Set with Pita Bread and Salad S$13


I was pleasantly surprised to find middle eastern cuisine. I love to dip pita bread in hummus (chickpeas) and enjoy the wholesome nutty, sourish taste. I learnt to enjoy Middle Eastern cuisine from my Sofra days. I have not been to Sofra (a restaurant) in years. I hope to return one day to try their delicious take on Middle Eastern cuisine again.

Salted Caramel Latte
I have drunk coffee for the day and I was reluctant to drink another one. I was trying to be less of a caffeine addict and more of a heath nut. After much persuasion from my Kopi Kaki, I relented and asked him to choose any coffee for me. It was a sweet surprise because I love coffee art. The heart shape is so sweet. When I drank the coffee without knowing what it was, what hit me first was the strength of the coffee - strong and soothing. Then I tasted a familiar taste which reminded me of a nice alcohol infused latte. It turned out that it was a salted caramel latte. It was my first time trying salted caramel latte and it was awesome! I did not know the price as it was a treat! Thank you! It is definitely nice to know that Pasarbella also serves good cafe drinks.

I have taken a few shots of the other stalls which I have yet to taste. The whole atmosphere was very funky and I love places which gives me a feeling that I am overseas. This place somehow reminded me of Australia. I will definitely be back for the good food and ambience.

Funky decor

Don't forget to try their freshly squeezed juices!

Salads options

Burgers

Yet to make out what this is despite standing in front of the stall for a long time

Vietnamese Cuisine



Located in: Suntec City
Address: 3 Temasek Blvd, 455-456 / 459-461 Suntec City, Singapore 038983
Hours: 10AM–10PM




No comments:

Featured Video