Singapore Eats

[Eat][bleft]

Travel Highlights

[Travel][bsummary]

Delicious Recipes

[Home-cooked][twocolumns]

Guides

[Guides][bleft]

Don't miss 1-for-1: Jia Xiang Sarawak Kuching Kolo Mee Restaurant at Central (Clarke Quay) 14 July to 13 August 2017

Jia Xiang Kolo Mee is famous for its dry-tossed noodles which is cooked al-dente and oozing of the fragrance coming from the deep fried pork lard. I love eating Jia Xiang Kolo Mee but I seldom eat it because I find it too expensive. It costs S$12.20 for a set which consists of Kolo Mee with Char Siew, soup wantons, fried wantons, prawns, "abalone slices",  minced meat, vegetables and a cup of lime juice or water chestnut. From 14 July 2017 to 13 August 2017, there is a 1-for-1 promotion at Central in Clark Quay! For S$12.20, I get two sets!

Jia Xiang Sarawak Kuching Kolo Mee, Water Chestnut drink
The quality of Jia Xiang Kolo Mee is always consistent. The noodles were cooked to perfection and the aroma of deep fried pork lard was awesome.  After mixing and tossing the ingredients with the noodles, I could not wait to eat it!

Yummy Kolo Mee
The soup wantons were delicious. We ordered an additional bowl of deep fried wantons but some of them were not crispy enough. I enjoyed eating the prawns and 'abalone slices'. The Char Siew served at Jia Xiang is usually lean.

3 slices of abalone 
The abalone slices reminded me of the mock ones which I always enjoy eating.  Overall, I enjoyed my 1-for-1 promotion.

No frills restaurant

Uncomfortable chairs

1-For-1 promotions
Don't miss the 1-For-1 promotions from 14 July to 13 August!

I rated the service 1/5 because the staff insisted that there was no such promotion to another couple in front of us. When it was our turn, I showed him the photograph of the promotion which I had taken at the shopping mall and he sheepishly relented. To give him the benefit of doubt, he could have misunderstood 1-For-1 to be something else?

#B1-12 THE CENTRAL, 6 EU TONG SEN STREET, 059817

For latest food updates, please follow my Facebook Page.

Share my post with your friends who love a bargain!


No comments:

Featured Video