Singapore Eats

[Eat][bleft]

Travel Highlights

[Travel][bsummary]

Delicious Recipes

[Home-cooked][twocolumns]

Guides

[Guides][bleft]

How to cook Salmon with Stir-fried Sweet Potato noodles, lemon cucumber salad and tomatoes?

Upon recommendation by my colleague, I went to Wayan Retreat for a detox massage. The masseur told me that my body had some problems in digesting my food. I was surprised because my TCM physician also made a similar comment! I asked her for advice and she told me to lower the amount of acid in my body by neutralising it with food high in alkaline. Please refer to the link for information on acidic and alkaline food. The massage was very interesting, intense and good. Salmon with Sweet Potato Noodles, Cucumbers and Tomatoes, is a high alkaline dish. By the way, the Ginger Lily massage was very interesting, intense and good.

Acidic and Alkaline Food Chart: http://www.phmiracleliving.com/t-food-chart.aspx

Salmon with Stir-fried Sweet Potato noodle, lemon cucumbers & tomatoes

Healthy!
Masterchef Australia Season 9 is broadcasting and I am made more aware of how the ingredients have to be combined to go well with one another and also to add crunch to the dish. Japanese Soba Sauce compliments salmon very well. To add a crunchy element, I used Japanese cucumbers. The thin slices will be soaked in lemon zest, juice, honey and apple cider vinegar, to balance the dish. Salmon always goes well with something tangy.

Lemon Cucumbers

I used Tefal pan as it has a red mark to indicate when to put the meat in.

Enjoy!
I have included the instructions in the recipe card. For more food updates, please follow my Facebook Page.

Share my post with your friends who need a high alkaline diet.

print recipe
Ingredients
  • 1 piece Salmon
  • Up to you Sweet Potato Noodles
  • 1 Japanese Cucumber
  • 1 teaspoon Yuzu Citrus Dressing
  • 2 tablespoons Soba Sauce
  • half Lemon
  • 3 dashes Salt and Pepper
  • 2 teaspoons Apple Cider Vinegar
  • 2 teaspoons Honey
  • 2 to 3 Cherry Tomatoes
Instructions
1. Cut the Japanese cucumber into thin slices. 
2. Prepare the dressing for cucumber by mixing some lemon zest (skin), lemon juice, honey (replace with sugar if you dislike the taste), apple cider vinegar, salt and pepper. 
3. Soak cucumber slices into the mixture and put it into the refrigerator.
4. Wash the salmon with salt. Remove bones. 
5. Pan-fry the salmon on high heat. Remove it from pan immediately once cooked. 
6. Cook the sweet potato noodles in boiling water for 2 minutes. 
7. Drain the water and stir-fry it in the oil used for frying salmon. 
8. Add soba sauce to the noodles and mix thoroughly. Taste and adjust.
9. Get ready to plate up and serve.
Details
Prep time: Cook time: Total time: Yield: 1

No comments:

Featured Video